Welcome to DCA where we value student learning and academic growth.
While we offer flexibility in our program, students need to stay on pace in their classes and complete their work by Sunday of each week. Students should attend live Zoom instruction with their teachers and complete the asynchronous course work to be successful.
Are you a new student or parent/guardian to the DCA? We've created this onboarding presentation that guides students and parents through some important tasks in Schoology, Infinite Campus, and Zoom. This presentation also includes the recordings of our student orientation and back-to-school nights.
DCA Zoom Schedules
In Infinite Campus, the Zoom times for each class in 6th-12th grades will be written out next to the teachers' names. Please ignore the times underneath the course name. For a complete list of Zoom times, please view this spreadsheet and click on the grade on the bottom tabs.
At the Downingtown Cyber Academy, we do not believe that one-size-fits-all. We offer Personalized Learning Plan Agreements (PLPA) for students regarding synchronous learning (Zooms).Starting in the 22-23 school year, Zooms will be optional for all high school students, but they are highly encouraged to attend whenever possible.
Kindergarten to 8th grade families can decide between the following:
- No PLPA (default option): Zoom meetings are required, and students must attend. The teacher/s will take daily attendance.
- PLPA (requires approval): Zoom meetings are optional. Students are not required to attend as long as they maintain good standing in all classes and complete their work each week.
Families must have a valid reason for requesting a PLPA. These reasons could include, but are not limited to:
- Part-time students who have a brick-and-mortar class scheduled at the same time as their DCA Zoom.
- Part-time or full-time students who have internships or who are in work/study programs.
- Athletes who have intensive training during school hours.
- Full-time students in different time zones.
All Zoom meetings will be recorded and must be watched if they are not attended. Families who wish to apply for a PLPA should fill out the application.
Educational & Family Trips
Persons in parental relation may request that their child be excused from school attendance to participate in an educational trip not sponsored by the school district. Since regular class attendance is a critical component of a student’s education program, the educational benefits of the trip should outweigh the negative impact of the disruption of the student’s educational program.